The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requests drone owners to register each drone weighing over 0.55 lbs. If you fail to register your drone, you may be subject to legal consequences as defined by United States law.
Submit your drone registration application online in minutes. We will review your application for omissions and errors and then start the registration process. A Certificate of Registration will be emailed to you along with drone safety guidelines and drone labeling instructions.
Select Hobby Registration if you plan to fly your drone for recreational purposes only. Hobby registration is appropriate for you if you are:
- Operating a drone for personal interests and enjoyment
- Flying a drone that weighs less than 55 pounds, including all accessories (batteries, cameras, lights, and other items) attached to your drone
- Not flying for profit, including for an exchange of goods and/or services
- Not flying for educational instruction, law enforcement, and/or rescue activities
Select Non-Hobby Registration if you plan to fly your drone for commercial or other non-hobby purposes (including governments and non-profits) under FAA Part 107 rules. Non-hobby usage includes, but is not limited to:
- Selling photos or videos taken from a drone
- Using a drone to provide contract services, such as industrial equipment or factory inspection
- Using a drone to provide professional services, such as security or telecommunications
- Using drones to monitor the progress of work your company is performing
Please contact Customer Support if you need help deciding which registration option would be appropriate for your situation.